Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tape and Float

Again, the pictures tell the story. One crew did the hanging, a different crew did the tape and float and I was told another crew will be back on Monday to do the texture.  All have their specialties.


Since the ceiling of the Great Room will be covered with wood flooring, it is probably not needed to have it floated but I thought, oh well, the tape and float will help with sealing air leaks and the project price had already been agreed upon.  I will probably tell the texurizing crew not to put texture on the ceiling.


I wanted the rounded corner supports as opposed to the older method of making a sharp edge.


All edges on and first layer of the float on the Dining Room side of the Central Pod.


Kitchen.  I bought two sets of these Halogen lights and the crews wouldn't use them.  I thought it would give them better light since there still isn't electricity or lights in the house.  They were 1000 watts and got extremely hot.


From the Kitchen looking down the hall to the Master Bedroom.


More dust in the air in the Master Bedroom looking into the Master Bath. the opening is over the soak tub and will be glass with a frosted design on it.  This was to let light into the Master Bedroom


The Tape/Float Crew had several tools that made their job go much faster.  This guy is using a long-handled taping tool that applied the tape and embedded it into mud at the same time.


Guy was applying the second coat with a wider tool.


This guy is correcting the one mistake I found earlier which was they assumed a door into the Master Closet when it was just an doorway so they went back and added the drywall on the edges and the rounded edge trim.


Garage is fully spray foamed for insulation and drywalled, taped and floated.  I don't know if I will have it textured.  Probably will since that will give a more finished look and may not have to be painted.  No additional charge for me.  Notice the furred in section at the edge that covers the big pipes for the ERV..glad I did that since it makes for a cleaner look.

From Kitchen looking into the second/third Bedroom hall.


Central Pod looking from Dining Room


Kitchen

Looking back into Kitchen from Great Room


Ceiling Popup in the Master Bedroom.  A fan with a light will be in the middle and LED rope lights with a dimmer will be around the edges behind the crown molding.


If you remember the roofing work, I was not happy with the end of the caps.  They had gaps that looked sloppy.  The crew came back (because I was refusing to pay the invoice.) and made all the caps fit perfectly.  As the guy told me, they won't be seen once the gutters are on.  But, I know they are done correctly and we will see whether or not they can be seen.  

PICKY OL' WOMAN!




We had a storm blow in from the West and brought some rain and cool, dry air.  Was very dramatic and I loved it.  The front posts have to be repainted due to another layer of hardie had to be put on the front to cover the wires for the front carriage lights.  The painters were scheduled to finish the porch ceiling and the posts on Friday but they failed to show or to let me know.  Remember there were other problems with this crew.  Not looking good for additional work with this sub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment