Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Catchup Time

Sorry to be taking so long with my updates but sometimes there wasn't much happening such as when the drywall was going up and other times, I could not get into the house due to the texturing going on.  I even took some time off to visit the kids, grandchildren and great grand children. Still here's some of what has been happening.


Top of the Great Room doing tape and float.  May, 2012

Rig used for the texturizing.  The crew didn't show the day they were supposed to be there and I was later told it cost them a big job as a punishment by the owner of Hillco.  What a mess the house was...even more than the spray foam.

This first coat was put on all the walls to seal them after the tape and float but before the texture (Monterre Drag) was sprayed on then dragged down with a squogee.

This was the guy doing the sealer and texture spray.  He wore a suit just as the foam spray guy did and only his eyes were visible...obviously.  He also wore a respirator to keep the material out of his lungs.  That is why I just left during most of this work.

At the same time, the access for the utilities for the new road being cut through my property had begun.  The big red machine is called a cedar shredder and costs about $300/hr with operator but boy does it do the job. Notice no clear area in front of the machine before they started. (PEC)

They first did some tree cutting of the larger trees then laid them in the path of the machine.

The machine did one pass to clear cedars and other smaller bushes and trees.

It just shreds the material and grinds it up and places it back on the ground to decay.  It goes right over the rocks.


I would hate to be standing in front of this monster.

Cactus was like an appetizer to it.

Isn't that beautiful and clean!  It took them about 4 hours to clear a 20ft x 1200ft path level enough to drive on.


This is looking from the main road across my fence down to the end of the new easement.

Just a tribute to Mr Hill of HILLCO Drywall.  He just got out of the hospital from having Pneumonia.  Get well soon.


I also had the new garage door installed so now I can lock up the house and the garage.  I have already been storing some stuff such as the two toilets in the boxes in the picture.  


Door installed even though we had a little discussion about the increase in the price from the bid I received.  Bottom line: I didn't pay the extra charges they tried to add.  I still don't have electricity to the house yet so I had to run an extention from the temp power pole...still works great and it is so quiet without the chain drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment