Sunday, August 26, 2012

More Work in August, 2012

Haven't seen the coyote since that one morning when he/she was tracking the deer.  Matter of fact, the deer have disappeared as well.  It has been the normal hot weather in August so that may be why they are staying hidden.

There has also been some extra workmen on the land putting in the utilities for the change to the position and widening of the county road that runs next to my land ...well, actually on the land that used to be my land before the state purchased it from me.  We worked out a deal that I would trade the cut-thru in my land for the old road plus some additional money for fences, damage..etc.  This will give me both corners on the County Road 245/Ranch Road 2338 which will eventually be commercial property.  The State is supposed to also "recover" the road which means take up the road and put the pasture back in its natural state.


This huge pole is for electricity and is on the water/electric easement on my property.  It is so big because the line has to be supported across 5 lanes of traffic and 2 access lanes plus the side easements...must be about 500 feet.



This is looking down the easement on my property.

This is the old pole on the edge of the current CR 245 with the lines that are being moved to the big pole.


They had to stop traffic as they cut and removed the old lines...


It was interesting to see the process of moving the lines since they had to support the old pole and lines with the truck until the pulling pressure from the still connected lines could be released.  This picture also shows the current CR 245 that will be "recovered" and my property line will be at the fence barely visible on the other side of the road.




After much research I finally found the granite I loved for my counter tops.  It is called Grey Goose or a couple of other names.  I learned a lot about how to purchase granite and where to purchase it.  The price started out at $70/sq ft but that was if I purchased the granite through a fabricator.  This picture was taken at the granite supplier.  

After learning that I can actually purchase directly from the supplier without going through a fabricator, the price dropped to more in the range of $20/sq ft.  There is still  the cost of the cutting out the individual counters (6) and the sinks/faucet holes, cutting/polishing the edges, delivery to site and installation.  When all the counters are finally installed, I will know the entire cost.  Just recently, the fabricator said they needed to do some additional polishing on one section that wasn't in the original bid.  I am expecting the final cost will be $50/sq ft----still quite expensive.

The fabricators have the granite in house at the current time and the expected date of install is Aug 29....I can hardly wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment