Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wile E Coyote

I now know what this animal is I saw on my place on Monday of this week.


I had suspected it was a wolf or coyote but thanks to one of my readers, Ruthie, she confirmed it is a Coyote also named American Jackal or Prairie Wolf.  This animal is what the cartoon character, Wile E. Coyote is created from by Disney.

When you look up Coyote in Wikipedia, it isn't such a sweet, lovable little animal.  They kill fawns and sometimes larger deer, mice, squirrels and small domestic animals like dogs and especially cats.  They also are the largest predator of sheep, goats and young cattle.  I suspect they love chickens, rabbits and any other small animals that may be on my little farm in the future.

According to Wiki, they also have been know to attack humans.  

DOESN'T SOUND LIKE AN ANIMAL I WANT ON MY PLACE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment