Sunday, October 30, 2011

Electric Connections

Boy, does it cost to get electricity in the countyside.  I have to bring the wire from across RR 2338 which is now a 5 lane highway then to a 45 ft pole then on to the house location which is about 200 more feet.  All that is going to cost $3750...yikes!! Then when I went to pay for the construction, I learned I had to pay for an application=$275 and in addition there is another $50 fee which I never figured out what it was for..just pay it and get going by this time.  The cost is now $4000.

Well, I thought I was finished but nooooo, then I was told I needed a 25-ft loop-whatever that is....so off I and the PEC agent go to the rental place to purchase the LOOP (maybe it should be called a NOOSE).  Guess what that cost!!!! $650 and it has to be delivered to the land...another $45.  By the end of the day my head is spinning with meters, loops, transformers, guy wires, lions, tigers..oh my.

So now when the poles are installed in another 3 weeks, I will be able to plugin an extension cord for my construction needs...RIGHT?     Nope...I found out I still need to have an electrician put in a breaker and a plugin.   The costs just keep coming.  I have this terrible feeling, I have only begun.

The PEC folks have been absolutely terrific...especially Pop Warner.  Even though getting this electrical connection has been complicated, they have walked me through the process.  Hopefully, I will have electricity before Thanksgiving.

I start my adventure with the Williamson County Septic folks next week when I attempt to get a septic permit.  Now it is called OSSF (On Site Sewage Facility).  I could think of better phrases for OSSF but let's wait till the process is complete for my take on the efficiency or effectiveness of Williamson County.  I am taking a positive attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment