Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Electrical and Helpers

We are moving on the electrical connections.  This is the location for the first pole which has to come from across RR 2338 which is 5 lanes to inside the corner of my property. All the lanes will be open soon but they have been building this road since 2009.


Notice the traffic cone almost in the middle of the road..that is the marker for the traffic lane and also my mail box was locked to the top of it--I thought.  Along came the neighborhood boys with bats and my mailbox went flying...got to find a better solution.


I also had a surprise when Williamson County paved my front driveway.  They also put down the road base back to my front gate.  THANKS.  The pole in the distance is the takeoff point for my Electricity.


The marker for the second PEC pole is located to the side of my smooth drive.  One guy who was delivering some temporary water tanks to me refused to drive on my road.        AFRAID OF A LITTLE CHALLENGE ARE YA? 

Notice how badly the oak trees look..it is a miracle they are still alive although a lot of them are probably not going to make it to next year.  Would you believe EVEN the Cedars are dying? 



This is Chase (John) Dame and a very important member of my team.  He takes my crazy ideas and tries to put them on paper in a buildable(sic) fashion. We have been working with Dennis Celsor, (below) my consultant since the first of the year.



Dennis has built many custom homes but never a Passive House so he is learning right along with me what works for air tight houses.  I still haven't convinced him of the benefits of Energy Recovery Ventilation and he keeps trying to sneak in more Air Conditioning and Dehumidification for me.  We will see who is right once the house is all closed up.

1 comment:

  1. The fun is just begining, with the house. We lost several oaks on my lease, it is so dry the cactus is shriveling up. I drive through that area every so often, do you need me to take care of some of them pesky deer for you?
    David

    ReplyDelete