Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Construction Road---Finally

SLOWLY....we are beginning to make progress.  Even though it threatened rain all morning, we were able to get the big trucks onto the site.

Notice how foggy it is.  The ground was damp but the trucks could still move around without sinking in.

This guy is Jose.  He is a genius with a bobcat and I think could peel a banana with it.  He is responsible for all the clearing of dead trees, brush and cedars on my place and now the construction road.



I think they dumped about 100 tons of road base.


Still very foggy and beginning to drizzle but the road is down and the light rain was actually helping to make the packing better.  This is Bill Stocklin who owns the company doing all this work...great guy.


The final leveling brought the road to about 300 ft by 10 to 12 ft wide.



Jose then moved to clearing the rocks and cactus from the slab site.  I was surprised how level he was able to make the site since there were lots of rocks sticking up but it seems they were just laying on the top.  Still foggy.  Jose went on to do some additional clearing of cedar until it really began to rain and he called it a GOOD Day.
Several places the markers for the corners of the house (pink flags) can be seen.  Jose scrapped all around the flags and never pushed any down..just amazing.  He loves his job and his toy and was very proud when I bragged on him.

Bill told me he enjoyed working on my place.  When Bill told Jose where he was going to put in the road. he said," The lady with the gun?"

I wear a holster and gun when I know I am going to be on the land with these guys I don't know and most of them can't speak English.  I doubt any of them are legal.



No comments:

Post a Comment