Saturday, January 21, 2012

Getting Far Behind - Catching Up

I know I know.  I have been neglecting you guys.  It is just that things are happening so fast I am trying to get all the subs lined up and supplies ordered.  It is now Sat. January 21, 2012 and the slab is completed with the tension cables stressed for the final time.  The cables were tightened at two days then again at 10 days.  No blow outs where the cable came through the cement....thank goodness.  We did have the corners of the garage not get enough vibration and they have to be patched but shouldn't be a big deal.

The Framer (AXIS FRAMING) and Lumber Supplier (JP HART LUMBER) ---OUT OF HUTTO have been put under contract.  After all, I do need to give my family some of my business.  That seemed to impress the HART supervisor, Greg Ruiz, when I told him my maiden name was Hutto.  He, of course, asked me if I had connections to the town of Hutto and I told my usual, "Yes, I do -- but I lease it out."

The Electrician, BRADFORD BROTHERS ELECTRIC, is also set to put in the construction power.  All three, Framing, Lumber and Electrician are due to begin work on Monday.  Whew!  It took me all week to get this going.

I am using the ZIP System on all the house with a new product called ZIP R-6 on the envelope which has 1-inch of foam attached to it which will be against the 2x6 studs---no thermal bridging!  The biggest problem I ran into is the ZIP R-6 isn't in stock locally and has to be special ordered----that should read $$$$$$$.  I have to order in units of 31 - 4x8 panels and the lead time is 3-4 weeks.  I think that will work out since the windows and doors are due in on Feb 15 and the ZIP panels go over the window flanges.

Here's some pictures from the slab construction.






This was a tricky area since the porch floor was the same level as the garage floor but had to have the correct slopes in all directions but still be level under the door.


Putting in the access ramp into the house from the back porch.


Anchors were in the middle of the double doors at one point.



Almost all of slab has been poured. Crew starting to pull the edge boards.  Notice how hard I am working!  Supervising is hard work!



Next Morning...looks great!


This is the back porch which has the access ramp plus the concrete was treated with salt to give it texture.  The back double french doors go between the two anchors.

WHAT A DAY! The concrete crew were still at the site @ 7:30 pulling the forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment