Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 2012 - Updates

Just to catch you up on some items from this past week.


I thought the tank was full before but now see where the level indicator is...right up at the very top of the tank and appeared to me to be over the overflow outlet. 

I climbed the ladder, opened the hatch and the water level was inches from my nose. 

I called the tank installer because I was concerned the water had overflowed the liner inside.  I found out the overflow actually enters the tank, makes a 90 degree turn, then opens up into a funnel-type opening about 6 inches below the very edge of the metal and right at the top of the liner inside the tank.

This is what "FULL" looks like!  20,000 gallons!!


 

I really hated the orange room and it was beginning to flourese!  I know that's not a word but is the way I would describe how this horrible color was reflecting into the other rooms.  I tried to modify the orange paint by adding grey color to it and ended up throwing away the paint..it was MORE horrible.  

Finally, I mixed a light gray color and when I painted it over the orange, a nice blue gray appeared...I liked it and will finish the room with this new color.




This is the area at one end of my property that has an opportunity for a nice pond.


Same area but since we are still in a drought, I was surprised to see so much water being held.  Maybe the large rocks we dig out for the septic system could be used to dam up more water?

It would be better than having to pay to haul off the rocks... Serendipity Again?

No comments:

Post a Comment