Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mailbox is back and new asphalt

We are making progress.  The other side of RR 2338 has now been asphalted and is being striped for traffic.  And my mailbox is back...yyipppeee.  Any takers on how long it will be unmarked by the local yahoos with bats!  
This girl had an interesting job since she walked along the hopper and opened it when the road needed more of the asphalt.  Did a good job.



I am very proud of the bargain I found in Home Depot.  I was looking at front doors and the price for the system with side lights and transome was between $3000 and $4000.  I happened to be walking around the back of the door department in HD and found a door from the same manufacturer but at half the regular retail price.  I checked the swing, width and height...it's the one I could use.  It was prehung with hinges and the bottom thing.--no knob or deadbolt and had to be painted but had leaded glass and appeared to have no dings or scratches.

I hurried home, borrowed the neighbors pickup and the neighbor and hoped I could get back before it was bought by someone else.  I made it and matter of fact I bought the two they had which are perfect for my front door and my door to the garage.  I got both of them for the price of one.


I did get delivery of the $700 loop for the electrical. Hopefully, it will get put on the pole soon and I can get some electricity out there.



I think, however, the one having the most fun was the guy on the Roller Machine.  He was zooming up and down and just having a ball.




No comments:

Post a Comment