Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sewer Permit Not Approved

I had hoped not to have to fight with the Williamson County Health Dept but alas, it looks like that is not to be.  My permit for the construction of a septic system at this point is "not approved".

It seems they are questioning the grey water system as well as the rainwater harvesting plan.  The tank may be too close to the sewer, or rain runoff from the gutters may flood the sewer, I guess.  I don't see how this is possible since I will be collecting all the rainwater and sending it under ground to the 10,000 gallon tank over 25 feet from the sewer tank.  I hope we get these issues out of the way soon.  Not something I want to worry about right now even though the septic system (OSSF) won't be put in until after we have a slab and the house construction is well on it's way.  I suppose it is good to make sure there are no surprises.

I have decided on the Engineering firm to do the Foundation Engineering: John Carroll with Consolidated Reinforcement. He began the Engineering Design today.  He says it shouldn't take long since my property is "perfect" to support a good foundation.  I would guess so, it is fractured limestone about 18 inches down everywhere we dug test holes...over 16 of them. Good for foundation but bad for putting anything in the ground...septic tanks, drain fields, Liquid Propane tanks, Rainwater Harvesting Tanks and hard to put in fence posts but they don't move once in.

The area isn't called ROCKY HOLLOW for no reason!!

No comments:

Post a Comment