Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Septic System is a GO!

Yippee!!! I received the Authorization to Construct on the Septic System.  I am so relieved now all I need to do is find the money to build a mound system.  The designer told me it would look like we tried to bury a bus.  At least it will be relatively low maintenance and about 150 ft from the house.

It might even be a benefit to the local wildlife since it would promote green grass with the evaporating water.

PEC told me today they are hoping to obtain the easement this Wednesday from the State of Texas to put an electric line across Ranch Road 2338 for me .

I also did some research on a gate opener for the double wrought-iron gate.  It looks like I can make it work by putting a transformer in the house and running the low voltage wire from the house back to the gate.  Up to 1000 ft can be run and the house is less than 300 ft from the gate.  I can also add an automatic lock, keypad and vehicle sensor for letting vehicles out.  The transformer would keep the battery charged and then the battery can open the gate when power goes out.

I am also going to put a travel trailer on the land during the construction just to watch out for robberies.  The normal RV outlets at camp grounds are 50 amp, I wonder if I need that much just for a 26 ft trailer?

Just wanted to share the good news.  Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading about the progress! Keep it up but it doesn't look like your house will be done before Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your ground is to rocky for you to run the power out to your gate, you can just use a solar charger on he battery. This is how they do it at the ranch I lease. You won't need 50 amp service for just a normal trailer just a 30 amp. The 50's are for the large trailers with 2 ac's.

    ReplyDelete