Friday, March 15, 2013

FEBRUARY 2013  CLEARING BRUSH, BUILDING FENCE AND TOP SOIL



The fence guys really worked hard getting the metal posts down into the rocky hollow ground....many rocks.  They told me they have named this rocky type of real estate  "KINNEY ROCK".  So whenever they describe a job with the same rocky attributes, they just have to say KINNEY ROCK and that is all that needs to be said.  I am not sure I like my name associated with such problems!


Many of the holes had to be chiseled out with a pneumatic drive.  At least we know these posts are in to stay.



Many brush piles from clearing cedar and cutting down brush and trees and rock piles had to be moved from the area that will be inside the cattle fence.

This bobcat with the grabber teeth does an efficient job of dispensing with the piles.



At the same time top soil was spread around the house.  It took three large 18 week dump trucks with about 120 cubic yards of soil.  It makes a big difference in the look of the house.


This is off the back porch.


So many large rocks were dug up for the septic field so I decided to use some in the landscape around the house.  This one was about 12 ft across and I wasn't sure the bobcat would be able to lift it....no problem!



Back to cutting the tops of the fence posts to accept the welded top rail.


Letting the concrete setup on the posts.  Guy with bobcat backed into the corner post and knocked it loose from the just poured concrete.  Luckily, he told me right away and I had the fence guy come back to reset the loose post...


Top rail cut on site.


Ready for the welded wire.



One more thing that was fixed.  Some of the decorative scrolls had broken off while laying on the ground in the previous five years.  I found some scrolls locally that almost matched but I screwed them on instead of welded as had been previously done.  I then repainted both sides and reset a couple of the top caps.  I found a break in the weld of about 12 inches that I will have the fence guys repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment