Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Here it is March 12, 2013 and, as Larry pointed out, I have just dropped everyone with no more updates.  About the time of the last update, mid Nov, 2012, I started my move from the Woodlake house to the new home on Ranch Road 2338.  Plus my son and his family were coming for Thanksgiving and I wanted to be able to welcome them in the new house.  Many things had to be completed for that to happen.

Sooooo starting from the point I left off....

Once the big rocks were out of the way, good loam had to be brought in for the 120ft x 70ft leach field which is above ground since my land does not perculate due to rocks and a limestone shelf.  It is surprising I have so many trees since there isn't much to support them.



That was then topped with even better loam so the drainage worked.





Then rock was put on top that the drainage pipes will be imbedded into was spread.


The perforated pipes were layed then plastic to keep roots out of the holes.


Topsoil was placed over the plastic then grass was planted which quickly came up.


This shows the pipes coming out of the tank going to the field (purple) and the pipes coming from the house.


Picture of what I had hoped would be the final configuration.  There are two valves, one to grey water either into the septic system and the other one (both under the covers) to shut off the grey water exit.  The pipe on top of the septic and grey water lines is the rainwater collection system.  

No comments:

Post a Comment