Thursday, March 8, 2012

March 7, 2012 Wednesday Polishing Continues


Wednesday and I finally got smart and obtained a contact from Dennis Celsor for delivery of water.  They said it would be $125 for 2000 gal.  But I couldn't store 2000 gal -- just 700 gal....too bad..that was the minimum to deliver.  So with gas at $3.55 and they were coming from Leander - 30 miles and it was potable water.  Didn't seem like a bad deal so we have water.....YEAH!  no more schleping around those 5 gal buckets of water.  I think each one of them weighed 30 pounds.  Let's see 30 pounds times 40-50---it's a miracle I didn't hurt my back.  At least I had them in the back of my truck.  That truck has been extremely useful.


This is Eric working the hand sander.  He seems to be putting a lot of pressure on the grinder, then he would test just as a finisher would working with wood.  Amazing!


I feel badly but I was introduced to this very nice young man and I promptly forgot his name.  I am too embarrassed to ask him his name again.  Let's call him Guy.  Guy is giving the garage the same treatment as the porches which is to open up the concrete and take the rough places down a little.  Guy was always on the grinder.  He did the majority of running the grinders.  The garage will receive a coat of Tung Oil to help resist oil and stains from cars and other things that happen in garages.  The Tung Oil soaks into the concrete which is much different than the poly or oil sealers used by other concrete finishers.

I vow to ask him his name again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment