Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Friday, April 6, 2012 3rd day of Roofing

It really got hot yesterday for the Roofers late in the day.  It is interesting that in all the crews there seems to be one guy who 1. speaks English, 2. is the leader of the crew and 3. knows his job very well and is very skilled.  The rest of the crew would be totally lost with out this lead craftsman.  I found that to be true with the Foundation Forms, Concrete Finishers, Masons, Framers, Soffitt Crew and now with the Roofers.


The guy at the bottom is the lead and the top guy wasn't on the crew the first two days.  I noticed a definite tenson with much yelling from the lead guy today.  The second guy didn't seem to do things the right way as the other guy had on Wed and Thurs.  Made me nervous since they are sitting right on the edge of the roof.


Notice the lead is just supporting himself with the clamp on the little 2 inch ridge.

Now he is turned towards the edge and leaning down....yikes!

On this picture I noticed the wide gap where the facia met the roof had not been covered up.


This won't do.  I asked the lead to try to cover it up better..we'll see if they do a better job.


Getting hot on that roof.

This valley looks a little better but still not smooth like the other ones.  



Yes, a little relief from Roofing..Bluebonnets are just everywhere and the biggest mounds of them I can remember seeing.  The recent rains have been wonderful for the wildflowers in Central Texas.



They did a good job on the SUN Tube and the valley next to it.  I love these SUN Tubes.  They give so much light into the baths and no heat!

Valley on other side of little gable..looks smooth.


They did a good job of cleaning up the trash around the house...anybody want a tub?  just one little hole.

2 comments:

  1. Roofing is one of the most difficult and tiresome tasks I have ever done in my whole life. Laying the roof while under the extreme heat of the sun is really a hard thing to do. Also, it’s quite dangerous because the structure of the roof was a bit declined.
    - LeakProofRoof.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh! What he did was so dangerous! I bet all those terrifying stunts helped in making your roof a lot stable. Kidding aside, how's your house now? I bet you're done with the construction. Good job to your roofers! They've made a very nice metal roof. I love it! Well, I just hope they used harnesses while they're up there. :)

    Burma Beller @ MetroDandB.com

    ReplyDelete