Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wednesday March 28, 2012

Masonry work continues.  The crew used their truck to move the rock from the pile about 100 ft away from the house to the garage...notice the low rider! He really was hurting his truck by hauling so much weight but he did it several times to make the job go faster and to save his workers from getting the stone in a wheelbarrow---just too hard.



There is still the inside wall to be done but it looks like we are going to have many bags of concrete left over.  This is what is stacked in the garage door.  I wonder if they take back concrete?  I hope to build an entrance by the gates with the same white limestone so it may not go to waste but it will be a nuisance being right in the doorway.


The two guys were able to get that 17 foot angle iron up over the door.  It should give the doorway the support it needs to hold the stone.


The plumbers came to replace the damaged tub with the new one I had bought at Home Depot when I got a call from them that my replacement tub had a chip.  JEEZEEESE

They left for another job and I was off to get another tub.  This is getting very very irritating.  This time, Home Depot opened up the packaging entirely and myself and two other HD employees went over the tub entirely to make sure it was not damaged.  I take the 7th tub back to the house and wait for the plumbers to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment