Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tuesday April 10, 2012 4th day of Roofing

On Monday, the Roofers didn't show as promised.  Today five Roofers showed up and the one guy that seemed to be new on Friday was not on the crew.  Maybe it just got too hot for him on that roof in one way or the other.  They began putting on the ridge cap.  I thought it wouldn't take them long but they worked all day finishing up.


The cracks at the corners aren't as obvious from the ground.


Looks good.  I am happy with the rock and metal roof.  Look how the ridges even match from one slope to the other.  I noticed that because in sewing, the pattern should match but I didn't think they worried about that in metal roofs.


East side.  My little Samsung camera is beginning to show some wear since the cover lens doesn't always open fully now.  I have taken almost all the pictures in the blog with this wonderful little camera.  Just cost about $200 but what a bargain and I just slip it into my pocket and go.


Back of house ... still have the trash piles.  But the roof looks good!


Probably isn't a good thing I can zoom in and look closely at the crack on the soffit.  It is sitting right on the ridge of the roof.  I don't know what else they could have done.  They added the extra strip of metal above it.  I will ask the Framers...any suggestions out there?


Same issue with the little gable.  Now whenever you guys come to my house, all you will be looking for are these cracks.   Consider it a design element! 



Walking the ridge putting on the cap.


I wouldn't do this job!

2 comments:

  1. Great exteriors! Who wouldn't love that perfect look? The rock siding and the metal roof blend together very well. Good job to your contractors. It's been a year now, and I do hope you're enjoying your new house. How are you now? :)

    Lenore Lung @ ProfessionalRoofingContractors.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roofers deserve a pat on their backs after finishing this awesome roof. But seeing how they weren't wearing safety gear while working on your roof concerns me. That could be dangerous!On another note, it's been almost two years since, I hope you haven't experienced any problems with your roof yet. Any updates would be appreciated. :)

    Vernia Kale @ Muth Roofing

    ReplyDelete