Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Friday, March 30, 2012

What a week and Dennis of BGCH is requesting a home tour on Sunday to let the local folks see the framing and progress on my home.  This is how he promoted the house:


Home Tour at Georgetown

Bea Kinney is making good progress on her new home near Georgetown. The Hill Country look is eye catching. This super energy efficient home is being built to Passive Hausstandards. Bea will be the only certified Passive Haus consultant in the Austin area, and only the third consultant in the entire state of Texas. This home is almost ready for insulation. You can see all the framing details, as well as the plumbing piping, electrical wiring, and unique energy recovery ventilation system. RSVP for a MAP. You will see in detail what you have been learning in our free classes. 
 
This is a construction site, and for safety reasons is not suitable for children. All attendants must sign a waiver before entering the home.

I hope a few people show up.  We'll see.  The construction site isn't as bad as the rubble from last week but it certainly isn't a show place.  I will try to get it cleaned up.


We did get the damaged tub into the dumpster and the tubs in the house now are filled with water to test them.


Look!!   no rubble on the back porch.  I would like to pull this plastic off but guess I should ask the cement polishing guy if that is the right thing to do.  I would hate to damage the floor after taking so much effort to protect it.



After almost 6 weeks of not being able to lock the double doors because the latch was backwards, the Serious/ThermaTru guy, Jason, came up from San Antonio to not only fix the lock but bring me the missing handle and fill and sand some damage to the doors.  This is his Dad who came with him.  Jason did not receive the paint to match the doors but he said he would send it to me.  I guess in another 6 weeks...do I sound cynical?  I love the windows and doors but am not impressed with the service from Serious.  

If I get those deadbolts in on the front door, I will now be able to lock up the house with the exception of the Garage which won't have a Garage door until we get the spray foam complete and drywall on the ceiling.

Now I have to remember where I put those keys for the locks on the doors.  I know I put them in a safe place.

1 comment: